Ez Newz

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ez Newz
Ez Newz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Embattled Trump campaign chair Paul Manafort resigns

Go down

Embattled Trump campaign chair Paul Manafort resigns Empty Embattled Trump campaign chair Paul Manafort resigns

Post by Admin Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:34 am

Paul Manafort campaign chairman for Republican Presidential candidate Donald Trump is seen in New York.

Donald Trump's campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, suddenly resigned Friday amid a team shakeup and new reports delving into his pro-Russian work for a political party in Ukraine.

Trump announced Manafort's departure in a statement.

"This morning Paul Manafort offered, and I accepted, his resignation from the campaign. I am very appreciative for his great work in helping to get us where we are today, and in particular his work guiding us through the delegate and convention process. Paul is a true professional and I wish him the greatest success."

Manafort took over the GOP nominee's operation after Trump fired campaign manager Corey Lewandowski in June. But earlier this week, Trump suddenly elevated pollster Kellyanne Conway to campaign manager and Breitbart News executive Stephen Bannon to campaign CEO - an apparent demotion for Manafort.

That shakeup occurred after Trump struggled to regain his footing following last month's political conventions. A series of firestorms, including Trump's public feud with a Gold Star family and his provocative quip about "Second Amendment people," have since roiled his White House bid. The most recent RealClearPolitics average of recent national polls gave Democrat Hillary Clinton a 6-point lead over Trump.

Manafort has also been battling weeks of critical scrutiny, from Yahoo News and other outlets, related to his ties to Russian political interests in Ukraine.

[b]This is a breaking story. Please check back for updates.[/b]

Admin
Admin

http://www.trailerzone.xyz

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum