Ez Newz

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ez Newz
Ez Newz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Woman Has 30 Pugs

Go down

This Woman Has 30 Pugs Empty This Woman Has 30 Pugs

Post by Admin Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:40 am

This Woman Has 30 Pugs A2JRVjp

A woman in Cheshire, England has a serious case of puppy love. Becca Drake will be celebrating this Christmas with her 30 pug dogs, who live like royalty in her two-bedroom home, according to The Daily Mail. She'll feed them turkey and sausages and shower them in more than $1200 worth of cuddly toys and other gifts. "I like to spoil them on Christmas day with lots of toys and cuddles," she tells the publication. It's definitely a dog's life for this canine squad.

As you might have guessed, the dogs don't get spoiled only on Christmas. What you may not be able to fathom, though, is how much Drake spends on her pets in a given year. She estimates that she shells out more than $24,000 on their food, treats, grooming products, toys, clothes, accessories, and vet bills, according to the publication. She's financially supported by her parents, as she's given up her job as a beauty therapist to care for her animals full-time. She's even sold her designer handbags and jewelry so she can give more to the pugs.

Over the course of ten years, Drake claims to have spent almost $160,000 on the dogs all told!

Drake's obsession with the flat-faced breed started ten years ago when her parents, Barrie and Merle - who have nine pugs of their own - gifted her with a pug puppy, Fatima, who she fell "head-over-heels in love" with, she tells the publication. The furry family grew gradually from there. First she got Fatima a playmate. And one playmate turned into 29. Drake claims to know each of her 30 dogs by name. The pups have ridiculously cute monikers including Valentino, Parsnip, Oreo, and Arthur.

In The Daily Mail, the dogs are seen living a life of utter luxury, swimming in their own pool and having group spa days. Drake tells The Daily Mail she also takes three of the dogs to bed with her every evening. The 40-year-old blonde wakes up at 7:30 a.m. to begin her pampering routine, making the dogs breakfast as they run around the ample garden attached to her home. "After some cleaning and grooming in the afternoon, it's usually time for some doggy treats before they all snuggle up together in bed on their cosy mats in front of the fire," Drake tells the publication.

Drake's love of pugs has also led her to launch a rescue charity called Bubblebecca Pugs, through which she takes in pugs that have been abused and abandoned. "Some of my rescues have come from horrific backgrounds and I want them to enjoy the rest of their lives," the big-hearted Drake says. Her own brood is made of up of both rescues and dogs she has bred herself. She's even placed a few litters of pugs in "suitable, loving homes." She confesses, "'Sometimes, however, I feel that puppies would be better off staying with me."

To Drake, the 30 pugs are "absolutely" members of her family - and they're often dressed the part, in knitted jumpers, bowties, and even Santa outfits. "They deserve everything that I give them and more." And though she says there is "a huge waiting list" of pugs that would love to live in her home, she feels 30 is enough. You have to draw the line somewhere, we suppose!

Drake fully acknowledges that there are people out there who wouldn't understand or would judge her lifestyle. "I know that some people will think I'm crazy, but my pugs are my life. I wouldn't change it for the world."

article...

Admin
Admin

http://www.trailerzone.xyz

Back to top Go down