Ez Newz

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ez Newz
Ez Newz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anti-Trump protest: 'We have to show them the light'

Go down

Anti-Trump protest: 'We have to show them the light' Empty Anti-Trump protest: 'We have to show them the light'

Post by Admin Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:07 pm

Bitter temperatures and high winds Saturday were enough to keep many Cincinnatians inside - but not all of them.

More than 100 people bundled up and gathered on Fountain Square Saturday afternoon to protest against President-elect Donald Trump.

"No Trump, no KKK, no racist USA," the crowd chanted in unison at the Peaceful Protest to Stop Trump.

The protesters' fears outweighed the cold air as they rallied, some waving "Love Trumps Hate" signs and rainbow flags.

A college student who spoke at the rally told the crowd she's afraid to go to her family Thanksgiving because some of her relatives voted for Trump.

"I'm afraid of my family members... of their feelings toward my friends and my colleagues," she said. "We cannot run and hide... we have to bring love. We have to show them the light."

Another woman took the megaphone at the event and, with her 1-year-old daughter, said she's afraid global warming, racism and losing her health care under Trump's presidency.

"I'm afraid of a lot right now," the woman, who went by Dan, said to the crowd. "But there's also a lot that I'm proud of."

She said she's been organizing on social justice issues for more than 15 years and has never seen so many people on social media and in the streets talking about real issues.

"As a white lady, I've never seen so many white ladies talking about racism," Dan said. "And we have to talk about it because the bigots aren't shy."

Members of the Stop Trump Campaign, who organized the event, called for an end to what they're labeling "hate speech" from Trump.

"We are fighting for the protection of marriage equality, pro-choice for women, and protection of immigrants from deportation," organizers wrote in a Facebook event. "We as Americans have witnessed Trump inciting hatred against Muslims, immigrants, women, the disabled. We have seen him evidencing dangerous tendencies that threaten the bedrock of democracy: unleashing a lynch mob mentality against protestors, calling for the expulsion of Muslims from the country, bullying, and fear-mongering.

"We as Americans do not support this ideology."

A similar event was planned last week, but organizers called it off after a mistrial was announced in the case of Ray Tensing. Despite the cancellation, anti-Trump protesters rallied and ultimately merged with those speaking out against the outcome of the trial.

article...

Admin
Admin

http://www.trailerzone.xyz

Back to top Go down