Ez Newz

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ez Newz
Ez Newz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Photos From the 2016 Trans Nation Beauty Pageant

Go down

Photos From the 2016 Trans Nation Beauty Pageant Empty Photos From the 2016 Trans Nation Beauty Pageant

Post by Admin Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:04 am

Photos From the 2016 Trans Nation Beauty Pageant DlTk703

When I arrived Saturday at the historic Ace Hotel Theater for the the Queen USA Trans Beauty Pageant, the place was overflowing with L.A.'s hippest and most glamorous LGBTQ fashionistas. The sounds of trans women decked out in fancy cocktail dresses double-cheek kissing and greeting long-time friends echoed through the lobby.

The pageant is now in its 15th year, but this year felt particularly special. With the success of the Emmy-winning television show Transparent and stars like Caitlyn Jenner coming out, trans issues are finally being recognized by the mainstream media now more than ever.
Photos From the 2016 Trans Nation Beauty Pageant B1J8cmG

Since the event is at heart a competition of evening wear, swimwear, and a Q&A, I assumed the vibe between the 35 contestants would be cold and cut-throat. I could not have been more wrong. Everyone was giggling; women were sharing bobby pins and helping each other zip up. It was like The Great British Baking Show of pageants. "I hope you win." "No, I hope you win."

Of course, at a trans beauty pageant, there is still an emphasis on looks, bodies, and makeup that ruffles the feathers of some. But despite all that, publicly celebrating and appreciating trans women is still a radical concept in our society. Tragically, trans people are still widely oppressed and brutalized all over the world. So watching a trans woman strut her stuff in a sparkly outfit that would make Cher proud is not just fluffy entertainment; it's a political act. It's a rallying cry for respect, appreciation, and dignity.

article...

Admin
Admin

http://www.trailerzone.xyz

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum